Useful books of Tafsir , Hadith and Fiqh
Q. I would like you to tell me the titles of some useful books of Tafsir (exegesis of the meanings of the Qur'an), Hadith and Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence).
A. Useful books of Tafsir include:
- Tafsir ibn Jarir,
- Tafsir ibn Kathir,
- Ibn Su`dy and
Useful books of Hadith include:
- the Two Sahih (authentic) Books of Hadith (i.e. Al-Bukhari and Muslim),
- the Sunan (Hadith compilations classified by jurisprudential themes) written by the Four Compilers of Hadith (Imams Abu Dawud, Al-Tirmidhy, Al-Nasa'y and Ibn Majah),
- Muntaqa Al-Akhbar,
- `Umdat Al-Hadith,
- Bulugh Al-Maram,
- Al-Arba`un Al-Nawawiyyah and their completion for Al-Hafizh ibn Rajab. They are fifty Hadiths reported from the Prophet (peace be upon him) under the heading of Jawami` Al-Kalim (concise yet most comprehensive expressions).
Useful books of Fiqh include:
- Al-Mughny and Al-Muqni` by the great scholar, Imam Abu Muhammad ibn `Abdullah ibn Qudamah, (may Allah be merciful to him),
- Al-Rawd Al-Murabba` Sharh Zad Al-Mustanqa` with the commentary of Shaykh `Abdul-Rahman ibn Qasim (may Allah be merciful to him), and
- Sharh Al-Muhadhab by Al-Nawawy (may Allah be merciful to him).
May Allah grant us success!
Ibn Baz Fatwas > Browse by volume number > Volume 24 > Book on Tafsir > useful books of Tafsir (exegesis of the meanings of the Qura'n)